Friday, May 10

Pizza Party!

Pizza + Caramel Vodka = Crazy Eyes! 
This nice person (you may remember his face from a few millions of snow pics I posted last year) came round the other day and taught me how to cook pizza. I'm not really one for turning down pizza cooked by boys in Third Eye Blind shirts. Especially if they're not fussed about me accidentally dropping at least 20% of the ingredients on the floor. 

 photo untitled-1087.jpg

Seeing as it's a Friday, you should throw your own pizza party! Get your paws on the following things and blow your housemate/boyf/mom/overly familiar neighbour away with this epic dish of cheesy goodness. If you are vaguely domesticated, you will probably have most of these things. I had to buy the baking stuff because, well, a charming family of weevils had moved into my giant box of baking goods. Mmmm, weevils. I know you're hankering for pizza now.

Right, so you will need...

Vodka, Wine, Savannas
2 cups plain flour
1 x 8 g sachet of dry yeast - You may think to yourself, "Heck, let's live dangerously and go for 10 grams." No friend, you will make a pizza cake - which isn't an entirely bad idea.
1 teaspoon caster sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
¾ cup warm water - gonna be tricky finding this one but persevere.
Plus TOPPINGS!

Before you begin cooking, it is imperative that you drink at least one Savanna (full strength) and mapp two shots of caramel voddies. If you don't do this, you can seriously alter the molecular structure of the pizza dough. Ok, let's continue.

 photo untitled-9711-1.jpg
 photo untitled-9714.jpg photo untitled-9726.jpg photo untitled-9730-1.jpg photo untitled-9740.jpg photo untitled-9763.jpg

Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and add oil and water. Or as we concluded - combine erm, everything.
Mix to a soft dough.
Knead on a floured surface until soft and pliable. I read that as "Cover your entire kitchen in flour and then knead like those bakers on BBC Food." I regretted this epic flouring later when I realised I had managed to layer an impressive paste over everything. Best to keep it tidy and stick to a light dusting.

Return to the mixing bowl and cover with cling wrap and leave in a warm spot for 30 minutes. For some reason, everything in this recipe was CRACKING me up the other night, but yes, leave it in a warm spot.
The dough should double in size - it does. It's epic.
When it has risen, 'punch' the dough once to remove air bubbles. I'm not sure what I was doing at this point? Chopping a pineapple I think. Ask a cute boy to do the punching for you.
Remove from bowl and knead gently for 1 minute.
Roll the dough out to desired size and add favourite toppings.

Bung it in the oven until it looks done!

We added tomato paste, mozzarella, chillis, peppers, pineapple, mushrooms, ham and.... it was delish! Especially the next morning when I chucked a fried egg on the leftovers - which horrified my colleagues but made perfect sense to me! Enjoy! x
blog comments powered by Disqus