Tuesday, September 18

Hope Floats

Hey hey friends (and fellow House fans!) so...I've been a rather sad Panda over the last couple of weeks. It sucks being sad! But sometimes, ya gotta roll with the clouds until you reach sunny skies again. That sounds like something I should bung on Pinterest. Speaking of clouds, it has rained so much. Fortunately the sun came out on Sunday. I hope it sticks around. It bucketed down on Saturday. All I could do was curl up on my parent's couch under a blanket with a pup at my feet and a cup of tea in my hands. My mom said I reminded her of Birdie Pruit from Hope Floats. Its a 90s movie, I'm sure some of you remember it? Its always been one of our faves. My mom bought the soundtrack when the movie came out and I remember listening to it alot in high school. It's beautiful. So beautiful you'll go to bits! On Saturday, we decided to take the sad vibes to the next level and watch Hope Floats. I cried from the opening scene to the closing credits - ha! Its so sad and sweet. And the scenery is dreamy. I had forgotten that Birdie loves taking pictures. And Harry Conick Jnr. Well, he is kind of amazing. He can DIY my flat any day. Any cowboys in Durbs? So yeah, I'm still a bit sad but I have faith, hope and a whole lotta love in my life. This movie reminded me that you never know who or what is around the corner. Life is full of wonderful surprises :)


One of my fave scenes from the movie - when Birdie and Justin go dancing! 


“Beginnings are usually scary, endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will.”


 I'm sending you a Panda hug if you've also been feeling blue.
May I recommend 9gag, jogging and a sleepover with your bestie. Does wonders for the soul :) x

blog comments powered by Disqus