Wednesday, July 11

Cath & Nadia

I'm always nervous of dedicating posts to friends on Gloss because I don't want any of my friends to feel left out. I adore every one of them to bits. I'm blessed to be mates with such a lovely bunch. I guess I'll just tell you about them all, slowly but surely over time! I see Nads and Cath fairly often as I live near to them both. Cath is virtually a stone's throw away! So here's a little about these two.

Photobucket

I met Cath about ten years ago. We were regulars at this epic rock club and one night she walked up to me and licked my face. I thought she was quite mad but brilliant! We only became close friends about five years later when we both used to scribble on a Durban rock forum. Always online, eh! We quickly realised we had led parallel lives through the 90s. We both loved Crowded House, Alanis Morissette and Ally McBeal - ha. We did this Facebook quiz and Facebook declared us 99% alike! I love Cath because she is crazy and caring and honest. She is also one of the most generous people I know - always making me care packages full of my favourite things and reminding that her door is open for dinner. I have cried on her couch and slept in her bed when I was too sad to be home alone. We have lost our shoes in clubs, nicked road signs together and sang Auld Lang Syne in the middle of the road in October! We even saw Crowded House together and collectively freaked out! She is always happy to meet my other friends and will go out of her way to make people feel welcomed. Whenever I sit in the sun in her garden, all feels right in the world. 

I met Nads a few short weeks after returning from London. She stopped me at the market to compliment my handbag and asked to snap a pic of me for her blog! We got chatting and discovered we had both just started blogging. There was a time when we were the only people, bar our moms, reading out blogs - ha. A week after meeting, Nads invited me out to tea and I ended up sharing my entire life story with her! Ever since, we have been the best of friends. Nads is the picture of poise while I am the queen of klutziness but we make a great little team! We regularly work together, walk together, Skype each other and have sleepovers like school kids! Nads has supported me through some very tough times over the last year. She is forever encouraging me in all aspects of my life. When I felt scared, she helped me to feel brave. When good things happen, she dances around with me! She will often surprise me with cute gifts, thoughtful notes and verses she knows I'll love. Every morning, she asks how I'm doing and I feel lucky to have her in my life.
blog comments powered by Disqus