Friday, June 8

A letter to Sandra

Long-term readers of Gloss will know that I have a special place in my heart for Sandra Beijer. She has been one on the biggest inspirations in my life over the last three years or so. I read her blog daily and I have always admired how brave and honest she is when it comes to sharing personal stuff. Her posts have often uplifted me on days when I've been feeling down. Right now, Sandra's heart is broken and that sucks. I wish I could give her a hug or make her some tea. One thing I know from this life is that heartbreak is hell. It is one of the worst states to be in. And there is nothing you can do to rush the pain away. You just have to take baby steps until you start to feel yourself again. So sweet Sandra, even though we have never met, I wanted to share some things with you that will hopefully take the edge off the pain, even for a minute. I'm sending you the biggest hugs from South Africa. Love La. x

Photobucket

When you are feeling better, there will be fluffy bunnies to cuddle.

Photobucket

And lots of little things will make you smile again one day.

Photobucket

You will sit in Paris again and drink good wine 
and remember that you are a strong one who is loved by many.

Photobucket

Let your friends take care of you now.

Photobucket

Spring will bloom again and there will be strawberries and new born lambs and warm sunshine.

Photobucket

Right now, remain under the covers. Drink red wine and smoke too many cigarettes.
But know, that out there is a magical planet, patiently waiting for you. Whenever you are ready.

Photobucket

And just when you least expect it, love will breeze into your life again.
Love is always a risk but a risk worth taking. x

Photobucket
blog comments powered by Disqus