I was let loose with my camera at Gateway last week to snap some pics for Mr Price. Four lucky friends won an EPIC makeover complete with hair, make-up and champers!
Monday, November 25
Monday, November 18
You know when you're so tired that cleaning your floors seems like a triumph. Yeah, I'd blog that shiz but I'm pretty sure the tumbleweeds would officially roll into Gloss that day. I don't even think my mom would check in here for that. Or maybe she would considering she never saw my bedroom floors for the first eighteen years of my life. I was a messy one growing up. These days, if I see one ombre lock on the floor now, it's out with the dustbuster.
What am I writing about? Crumbs, I am tired. Life has been rolling around on this riveting cycle - work, eat, bath, sleep, repeat. I feel like Peggy Olsen but without all the scandal, Scotch and uncomfortable pencil skirts.
So...today, I thought I'd
scramble together a blog post celebrate the small victories!
- I ate really healthy last week DESPITE the fact that we have an unlimited supply of treats on tap at at work. Saying no to a Mars Bar on a Saturday afternoon at the office ain't no easy feat, I tells ya.
- I worked out four times although my legs acted like I'd run a half marathon. Come on legs, what about that muscle memory I hear people speak of. Oh, it's for profesh athletes only? Rats.
- I watched my playscool pal win "Best Jammer' at Roller Derby on Saturday night! Probably best I quit while I was
wiping out ahead at Derby. Not sure I would have coped with a hundred guys yelling, TACKLE HERRRRR!!!
- Tall One patiently guided me home after I got horribly lost in the mist on Saturday night. Ah mist. I used to think you were so romantic and magical. Now, I know you were created in the mountains of Mordor and sent here to conceal every road name in Hillcrest.
- My new job, while crazy busy, has rewarded me some MAD opportunities. Pro - get to write about some seriously cool shiz. Con - can't tell anyone about it, ever. Drat.
- I slept from 7:30PM till 7am last night. It was epic until I dreamt that burglars had broken into my flat. Thanks for that, brain.
So yes. My floors are 70% clean. I ate "50% less fat pizza" tonight and it didn't taste like a spinach ala chipboard. Life is busy, but good.
PS: I will probably go through a mad picture-taking phase again soon and crunch out fifty million blog posts. You guys are gonna get spammed when you're least expecting it. Especially if life involves some more animal farm visits. Be warned. x
Tuesday, November 12
Hey, hey! I've been compiling a bunch of advertising quotes that I'd like to typeset and frame for inspiration. To anyone who doesn't know/is vaguely interested, I work in advertising. I don't know why, but that just sounds a bit pretentious but heck, it is what I do. Today, I realised I've been in the ad biz for nine years - how utterly mental! Right now, I am living, breathing and sleeping advertising. And using horrible cliches. And starting sentences with 'and.' I've also been watching Mad Men clips on Youtube for inspiration - these are some of my favourite Don Draper clips. I'm sure there will be loads of ad folk who disagree with me but I find Mad Men to be such an accurate representation of the ad biz. Sure, they're scribbling on paper and rattling away on typewriters but whenever I listen to Don pitch, I'm always like, "Dang son, that's good." I wasn't gonna blog this because most of you have probably seen this series but I wanted to collect these somewhere. x
Monday, November 11
I'm starting to feel quite Christmasy! How about you? I thought I would collage a couple of wrapping ideas to inspire myself for festive prezzie wrapping. One year, I worked in a mall and wrapped about forty million presents. Good times!
Saturday, November 9
Long time, no chat friends! So...three things about me - I love goatlings, mist and flowers. Today, these things came together in an epic trifecta of awesomeness when Tall One and I visited the Mushroom Farm! Is there anything sweeter than a bunny and a goatling in a bucket of pellets?! Yes, there is. A baby panda - but a bucket 'o bunny-and-goat comes in at a close second. So, Jon doesn't really do things like takeaway coffee and thrifting (he's more of a rub-two-sticks-together-to-make-fire and scream-at-the-TV-during-rugby kind of guy) but today, he drove me to my fave places because I've been buried under a pile of briefs. Wow, that sounds wrong. I've been erm, busy with work stuff. I love my new job and I've been fortunate to work on some wild projects lately (wish I could blog 'em!) but it does mean a few things have had to give - Gloss being one of them. Hopefully, I will be back in a routine soon. Thanks for popping in! Hope you are all fine and dandy :)
Monday, November 4
October was a fun month!
I turned 31, flew to Jozi for a fun event, roadtripped to a blogger lunch, played under lemon trees, squeezed in a bit of thrifting and Tall One cooked us scrummy curries!
Sunday, November 3
On Saturday, I hung out with this nice gang! We braaied, sang 90's songs and played ridiculous games just like we did when we were in highschool. The highlight of the night was watching Tall One de-zombify with a hundred make-up wipes. x